[CLOSED] GELEZA NE GAGASI- A GAGASI FM BACK TO STUDY INITIATIVE: TERMS AND CONDITIONS – 2023
Written by Uno on 21 December, 2022
GELEZA NE GAGASI- A GAGASI FM BACK TO STUDY INITIATIVE: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Who can apply: KZN-based previously disadvantaged student with a strong academic background who has been accepted as a first-year undergraduate student in 2023. Parents or legal guardians of the abovementioned students can also apply on the student’s behalf.
Documents needed to apply:
• Motivational letter stating why Gagasi should provide assistance to you or your child, must be emailed to [email protected] or faxed to: 031 566 6801.
• An acceptance letter from the desired institution must be submitted along with a matric certificate: to Gagasi FM at [email protected] or faxed to: 031 566 6801.
• Applicants can also apply on the Gagasi FM website, visit www.gagasiworld.co.za and complete the web form and upload the acceptance letter and matric certificate.
Assistance provided by Gagasi:
• Should a student be selected by our auditor, Gagasi FM will pay a maximum of R5 000 towards the student’s first-year registration fees for 2023.
• Gagasi FM will offer only 10 bursaries to different students. Each bursary shall be a maximum of R5000. meaning the total amount available is R50 000.
• The allocation of the bursaries lies solely with Gagasi FM and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
How beneficiaries will be notified:
• Gagasi FM will contact successful candidates telephonically live on-air between Monday, 21 March 2023, and Friday, 25 March 2023 on –air on the Uprising show and That drive show.
• Should you not be contacted by then, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Once candidates have been identified, they will be expected to submit the following information so that their bursaries can be handed over to them.
Documents required from a beneficiary before payments are processed:
• A letter of acceptance from their desired institution in a letterhead with the institution’s banking details and registration fee.
• Certified copy of ID of the Student.
• Completed and signed indemnity, gratuity letter, and beneficiary letter from Gagasi FM
• Should the student also wish to use the bursary towards books or equipment needed for their studies, a letter from the tertiary’s bookshop (on the shop’s letterhead) detailing the books and/or equipment needed for the year, the amount due and banking details need to be sent to Gagasi FM.
• Geleza neGagasi back to study competition starts on the 27 December to 6 February 2023
• Contact Gagasi FM on 031 5845300 should you have any queries.
• The bursary prize shall only be paid directly to the institution once all documentation required documents have been submitted to Gagasi.
• Payments will be made once the beneficiary has submitted all required documents.
• Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Gagasi FM, as final and binding as it relates to the content.
• The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received in the Giveaway prior to the drawing date.
• Rights Granted by you: By entering this competition you understand that Gagasi FM, or anyone acting on behalf of Gagasi FM, its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Giveaway, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
• In the event that the winner receives another sponsorship and may no longer need registration fees assistance. Gagasi reserves the right to disqualify the winner.
• Gagasi FM reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In such case, Gagasi FM may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Gagasi FM.
• Gagasi FM reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
• Gagasi FM reserves the right at its sole discretion to forfeit the prize for any individual who changes any information with no substantial reason after being selected and tampers with the payment process.
• As a condition of participating in this Giveaway, the participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in KwaZulu Natal having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than the participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Giveaway), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
• Gagasi FM has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Giveaway, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Giveaway rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Gagasi FM reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.