GELEZA NEGAGASI ADOPT A SCHOOL INITIATIVE: TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2024
Written by Tawanda Luwo on 2 January, 2024
ADOPT A SCHOOL INITIATIVE: TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2024
Who can apply: KwaZulu Natal based disadvantaged schools which can prove that they are in serious need of assistance. Parents/legal guardians, teachers, principal, or community members may also apply on behalf of a school they have identified.
Documents needed to apply:
- Motivational letter stating the reason for assistance and the kind of assistance that is needed e.g., assistance with building toilets, replacing broken doors or windows, building school kitchen etc.
- Photos of the school and the damaged areas of the school that need to be restored.
- Details about the school that include the name of the school, school’s physical address, name of the school principal and contact details of the school and contact details of the person nominating the school.
Where to send the applications:
The abovementioned documents must be e-mailed to: [email protected] or faxed to 031 566 6801.
Gagasi FM will offer:
Should a school be selected by our auditor, Gagasi FM will provide assistance to the value of R30 000.00 to the winning school. The R50 000.00 will not be given as physical cash to the school, rather, Gagasi FM will assist the school for a year by purchasing items the school needs to the value of R30 000.00. The winning school will be adopted by Gagasi FM from the date that the winning school is announced until the 15th November of the year the school was adopted.
How the donations will be allocated:
- The allocation of the R30 000.00 worth of assistance will be determined solely by Gagasi FM and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- Gagasi FM will contact successful candidates telephonically between Tuesday, 16th January 2024 and Friday, 19th January 2024. Please note should you not be contacted by then, consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- Applicants will be required to attend the handover ceremony which will be communicated with the winning school as well as the person who nominated the school in due time.
- Should Gagasi FM be donating assistance to the school valued at R30 000.00 to the winning school, Gagasi FM will need the following information before any donation can be carried out:
1) Letter from the school (on the school’s letterhead or with the school’s stamp) stating the kind of assistance the school needs (e.g. classroom desks, classroom chairs, classroom windows or classroom doors, school toilets etc.)
2) Sworn affidavit confirming that the school is registered with the South African Department of Education and stating the name of the presiding school principal.
Geleza ne-Gagasi adopt a school competition will starts on the 26th of December 2023 and closes on the 12th January 2024.
For any enquiries, please email [email protected] / Contact Gagasi FM on 031 5845300.