Probe Continues Into Enyobeni Tavern Deaths

Written by on 19 July, 2022

By: Sithulile Mdletshe

Police Minister Bheki Cele says they are still analysing toxic alcohol levels that was found in all victims that died in Eastern Cape.

The Police ministry, together with officials from the Department of Health and the Eastern Cape government are providing an update on the death of the 21 teenagers at the Enyobeni Tavern in East London.

Their bodies were found in the early hours of Sunday morning, the 26th of last month, and the cause of death has not been released.

Some have speculated that the teenagers may have been exposed to carbon monoxide.

While the owner of the tavern and two employees have been arrested, Cele says they are working around the clock to ensure something like this never happens in this country.

powered by Advanced iFrame free. Get the Pro version on CodeCanyon.


Gagasi FM

What You Want to Hear



Background