TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE GAGASI FM YOUTH IN BUSINESS COMPETITION
Written by Uno on 11 June, 2021
All participants, by entering the competition, agree to be bound by these terms and conditions:
Radio iGagasi 99.5 (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”) is conducting this promotional competition
The promotional competition is open to all KwaZulu Natal residents who are between the age of 18 to 35 years and are in possession of a registered KZN based company under the Information’s, communications and technology sector, valid identity document, passport or document of proof of South African residency. Any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members may not enter or participate in this promotional competition and will automatically be disqualified upon entry. The promotional competition is open for entries from the 8th of June 2021 and ends at 23.59pm on 20th of June 2021. Any entries received after the 20th of June 2021 will not be considered, as winners will need to be vetted.
How to Enter
To enter, participants are required to send a 1-minute video via the Gagasi FM app, telling us about their business and how getting exposure from Gagasi FM will assist their business? Don’t forget to use #KZNYouthInBusiness. The participants’ business must comply with the entry criteria as listed below.
- A maximum of 1 (One) entry is allowed per business.
- Participants must be between the ages 18 (Eighteen) to 35 (thirty-five) years and must be a South African citizen or permanent resident (required to attach certified copy of ID or passport);
- The business must have a business in the ICT sector (Information , communications and technology ) and must have been in operation for a period of at least 12 (months) months
And must be able to provide the below
- Confirmation of Banking Details not older than 3 months (required to attach confirmation letter from the relevant bank)
- BEE Affidavit /Certificate
- Tax Clearance Certificate & Pin Number (If the above mentioned company is VAT registered)
- Company Documents (CM29 for Companies and CK1 for Close Corporations, ID for Individuals)
SELECTION OF WINNERS
A total of 5 (five) winners will be selected by the judging panel.
The finalists will be vetted by the panel of judges and winners will be announced live on-air and on social media platforms on the 28th of June 2021.
Participants must enter their correct/legible contact details. If a winner has given incorrect
contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner in terms of these
The prize per Winner includes:
- Airtime exposure on Gagasi FM to the value of R100 000.00 (one hundred thousand rands) excluding vat for the winner to use for promoting their business.
- The airtime allocated may not be used for any third party mentions or for promoting any other business either then the selected.
- The airtime will be available to the business to use from the 1st of July 2021 until the 30th of September 2021. Should the value-cap of the airtime not be reached during the term for any reason whatsoever, then, notwithstanding this, the winners shall not be entitled to any roll-over of such airtime or any compensation whatsoever in relation to the balance of such airtime. Upon the expiry of the term any remaining airtime value shall be deemed to be forfeited by the winners.
Winners will be announced on the Mid-morning hangout show on the 28th of June 2021 and on Gagasi FM’s social media platforms. By entering the competition, prize winners agree to the publication of their name, the name of their business, a brief description of their business and photographs of their business operations and/or themselves, by the Promoter.
The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the winner.
The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the prize winner twice in the 48 (Forty -eight) hour period after their name has been announced. If the prize winner cannot
be contacted during this period, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be
selected in accordance with the rules.
The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this
promotional competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
No applications from agents, third parties, organized groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry requirements.
The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferable.
Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
In the event of a dispute regarding any aspect of the competition and/or these terms and
conditions, the decision of the Promoter will be final and binding and no correspondence
may be entered into.
The Promoter is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation in the competition
and assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation
for any reason whatsoever.
The Promoter may refuse to award the prize if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
Winners may not win a Gagasi FM competition more than once in a 90 (Ninety) day period. Any winners selected who have won a Gagasi FM competition in the last 90 (Ninety) days from date of selection of the winner will be disqualified from the competition and another winner will be drawn. No person may win 2 (Two) prizes for this promotion.